There was still lots to do. I have been able to finish off the plastering and texturing and add the shutters to some of the windows. I have used two types- one wooden planks that I have had cast in metal and then some louvred shutters that I had made in resin. I used the two types for variety as that will add impact when it comes to painting.
You can see from the photo that I have also added roofs and guttering. The roofs are my own sheets of resin tiles that I have cast. This saves me many hours as I used to stick individual tiles down. The guttering is metal and I get that cast locally. I find it very fiddly to do but the effect is well worth it.
The above photo shows how the roofs add to the covered and hidden feel of the court yard and the whole thing feels as if it is really coming together.
|I realised I had forgotten the chimney so added one here.|
|base coat added- not a great look|
|grey roof and now with pavement added.|
The next post will be of them finished I hope!