Thursday 21 March 2013

Normandy Village- part 10- the last part.

This is the last part of the Normandy village series as by the time I finish this post I will have finished the project. All there will be to do then is post some photos of the whole table in action at Salute.
I left the last base of buildings just about built and ready to paint. I decided to make all the houses the same colour but add colour by making the woodwork on the houses different colours.
I started with my usual base colour of yellow ochre, then painted the wood work various colours followed by a wash all over of raw umber.I then started to highlight everything back up to get the colour back into the base.
As you can see from the photo I also added a street name plaque along with house numbers so it really started to look like something.
I then continued to weather it with more applications of raw umber to show blast damage, water streaks and things like that and finished with a dry brush of cream just to bring the details out.
The only thing that was missing now were the roofs. I have resin sheets of tiles so I cut them to shape added chimneys and painted them grey and it was complete.
The base was picked up once it was finished and then a couple of days later I got these wonderful shots of it in action









The figures have all been painted by Artmaster and the vehicles by Troop of Shrew so the whole table will look stunning when it is all out at Salute.It always looks better in the flesh than in photos so if you are going come and have a look at it. It is near the Battlefront stand- GL01 to be precise.




5 comments:

  1. That looks pretty spectacular in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY nice stuff and no mistake. Won't make Salute, but I'm happy enough with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC! Looking forward to seeing this at Salute.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! I do like the details, and the photos!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!!!!!!!!!!! i love the house with the broken roof

    ReplyDelete