The last stage has been all painting really and adding a few little details.
I started with the usual base coat of yellow ochre and then washed with raw umber. The result at this stage is scary as it looks terrible-
|Could it look worse!|
The final painting touch is to add some brown staining just to age it and add more colour variety.
Once I was happy with the paint job I added the street lights. These are plastic kits. They are 1/35th scale so over sized but somehow look right.
The very last thing was to add some telephone wire from house to house. I wanted to add them so they wouldn't be too vunerable during gaming so I made them detactable.
That is it!
Pictures tell the best story so here is a pile of them-
The first set are of the single house with the ornate front and front garden.
|28mm Tiger I there to give you an idea of size.|
This second batch is of the 'island' of houses. You can see the telephone wires, the street lights as well as a few house numbers and street names.
|I used two styles of window shutter|
|Different colours for the shutters add variety and colour to the street.|
|Street light and telephone wires.|
|The wire over the court yard is detachable so won't get damaged in play.|
|Street names add detail|
This is the end of the first part of this Normandy project. Now these two pieces have been built we can now decide what to do next. I won't be adding to it for a couple of months though but when I do you will see progress here.